All Saints Church, Stanton
All Saints Church dates back to the 14th Century and there is evidence that there was a church on this site as far back as the 11th Century.
Considerable restoration has taken place giving a wooden floor, tiled roof and much permanent furnishings. The wooden floors were removed in 2011/12 and replaced by tiled flooring. There are many striking features to the church and it has a very interesting history. In 1906 the main tower fell down, just half an hour after the sexton had wound the clock. A temporary porch was built until the squat tower was built in 1956.
The main memorial window on the east side is based on Holman Hunt’s famous “The Light of the World” and was installed in 1955.
All Saints is an example of a 14th Century Church with a south aisle with a shrine recessed into the south side. The spandrel contains carvings of a rose, other floral attributes and green men with foliage.
The church is open every day for people to visit and pray. Wheelchair access is available at the weekends. There are guidebooks for sale in the Church.
Mrs Burrows – 01359 250008
All Saints Church,
Old Bury Road,
Suffolk, IP31 2DA