Who Am I?
Up to and including my first year following Ordination I worked in Local Government, managing a team of Housing Officers dealing with Housing, Homelessness and Estate Management.
I became Rector of the Benefice back on the 8th November 2007 following 3 years as Curate in the same Benefice. I was appointed by the Queen.
The Role of the Reverend…
… is to pray for and with the people over whom I have the Cure of Souls within the 8 villages which I have responsibility. I am to prepare and lead worship and deliver the sacraments-these are the things Jesus told us to do.
The sacraments are visible signs that the Lord Jesus has given to us to enable us to realize his loving presence within us.
- Extreme Unction (Last Rites)
- Holy Orders
What I actually do…
… well I do all of the above, plus I:
- Work with the Churchwardens and Parochial Church Councils who deal with the day today issues plus develop strategic issues on mission and other issues.
- Work with different people on the provision of services/teaching for different age groups from young to the elderly.
- Acts for Children/Bible Study/Lent Courses.
- I visit people at home and in hospital/Residential Homes and Sheltered Schemes pastoral visiting inc giving of HC at these places also celebrate special festivals at these places.
- Organise special events-concerts/activities within the churches.
- Preparation for Marriage/baptism/confirmation.
- Work closely with all 3 primary schools and the Middle School-I am Governor at the 3 church schools.
- I am also Chaplain to the British Legion Hopton Branch and Associate Mission Adviser for USPG.
My role extends to everyone in the villages, not just those that attend Church or identify themselves as a Christian. People contact me regarding funerals, baptisms, weddings, banns of marriage, etc. as well as for prayer, support and to find out more about Christianity. I can be contacted via the ‘Contact Us’ section or my telephone number is 01359 250239 (I am not available on Thursdays).